As a new blogger, I searched and read SO MANY articles about the different social media platforms. Today, we will be focusing on Twitter!
I have gone through the articles and compiled a list of key items I think will be useful for bloggers.
1. Promote your blog post with an initial post letting users know it was published, a few posts with quotes extracted from the post, maybe retweets of people who have shared it!
2. Try to mention others in your blog posts. This way you can mention and tag them them when posting on your social media platforms.
3. PIN your latest blog post so that it is always on top of your timeline for others to see right away.
4. There are retweet accounts you can find that can help with exposure.
5. Make sure you retweet/ favorite or talk about different things other than going on and on about your blog posts. This way there is a variety to your posts. For example, share some inspiration, funny tweets, share a moment.
6. Keep your tweets short, relevant to your audience, and if you can add images. EVEN BETTER: ADD VIDEO!
7. There are accounts that host chats for bloggers such as #BlogElevated on Mondays @ 9 PM CST. Look into chats similar to this that are in your niche.
As I learn more about the Twitter world, I will share with you guys! Make sure to subscribe to my newsletter for future posts. If you have any tips you will like to share, comment below!